23 Things is a page devoted to DREAMS. It is place where I can set personal goals for myself each year and work towards accomplishing them over the course of a year. Where I can dream big and challenge myself. I chose to work on 23 Things because I like the number 23 – really that’s kind of it, I wish there was a better more thought out reason but there is not 🙂 . I hope this space inspires you to create your own list and to make dreams for yourself.
My 23 Things for 2014:
Last year I worked on accomplishing all 23 of my dreams & wishes before my next birthday – well my birthday has come and passed & obviously I didn’t finish all of my goals, but that is OK because I did accomplish some! So decided to continue my list from last year and add new dreams.
1. Focus on my FEARLESS Project and trusting God more!
2. Continue to work on developing my Blog and making it an AWESOME space!
3. Knit something pretty (Other than a scarf! The only thing I know how to make!)
4. Read ‘Les Misérables’ OR Participate in a Book Club for one Month
5. Complete a sewing project – BUT FIRST Get my sewing machine REPAIRED!
Train for and run in a 1/2 marathon – I’m registered to do the I Stop Traffick Run May 31st! It’s a 5km Run to support the SA Foundation
7. Shoot more film photography – This is still one of my BIGGEST dreams – I want to learn how to develop film and just shoot more with film because it has such a magical quality about it. So I’m going to take a Dark Room class this fall! SO EXCITED!!
8. Buy an old piece of furniture and refurbish it (I’ve always wanted to do this!)
9. BE MORE CREATIVE! Paint or sketch a picture do more Creative Collection Challenges!
10. Work on FITNESS! Try a kick boxing class & Practice Yoga more regularly
11. Learn how to make tamales
12. Try light-painting photography
13. Work on developing my Jewelry Design Skills – just to create because it makes me happy!
14. Learn how to play a song on the guitar
15. Learn how to Make Star Trails and then go out and MAKE THEM!!
16. Travel MORE – even just a weekend get away with friends!
17. Write a Story from start to finish! I love creative writing but rarely start or finish my ideas – I have a whole notebook dedicated to characters and plots…time to try and create one of them and see what happens.
18. Go Paddle Boarding this SUMMER!
19. Be more intentional in my relationships! Make time with friends a priority & make some new friends – you can never have too many right ? 🙂
20. PRAY more – continue my prayer journal and make prayer time a priority
21. Learn how to use my drawing tablet in Photoshop
22. Make Photography a priority! I am so much happier when I’m behind my lens more often – just get out there and shoot more – with friends, a meet-up group or on my own.
23. Be a part of a photo shoot – to take some of the shots and gain from the experience of working with a creative team.
My 23 Things from 2013:
I saw this on another blog – It’sHardToDance – and fell in love with the idea! It’s a ‘bucket list’ of sorts – you make a list of things you would like to accomplish before your next birthday. I decided to pick 23 things (just to be random!)- it’s fun to dream of all the things I want to do and try! I have always loved making lists – I love the sense of satisfaction I get when I can cross something off finished, a sense of freedom and motivation to continue on to the next task. So this idea of a list of things I want to do for me over the next year is very appealing! I feel empowered, inspired and excited to begin working on my list – I feel like it will really enrich this next year and give me a sense of purpose personally. I hope it inspires you to make your own list just for you 🙂 You could also share it with those of us who read this blog. Just post a comment about your own list!!
Continue my blog – developing it and writing each week
Learn how to use Photoshop – Taking a class right now! Stay tuned for how it goes!
4. Knit something pretty (Other than a scarf! The only thing I know how to make!)
Take a dance class
6. Read ‘Les Misérables’
7. Complete a sewing project
8. Train for and run in a 1/2 marathon – Training right now 🙂
9. Shoot more film photography
Go on a road trip – To Northern Alberta
11. Start making my own jewelry to sell
Enter a Photography Contest – Capture the Colour 2013 Photo Contest
13. Buy an old piece of furniture and refurbish it (I’ve always wanted to do this!)
15. Try a kick boxing class
16. Practice Yoga more regularly
17. Paint a picture
Keep a prayer journal
19. Learn how to make tamales
Get better at doing portrait sessions – Taking a Basic People Photography class right NOW! Stay tuned for posts on how it goes!
21. Learn how to play a song on the guitar
22. Try light-painting photography
Finish my Formation of Servants Steps 6 & 7 (12 Steps for Christians)