Wow, Friday has come and gone and now it’s time to catch up with all of you. How has your week been? It’s that time again, man these weeks have been flying by I just can’t seem to catch up! I don’t know about you all but I can’t believe that August is nearly over, let alone that SUMMER is coming to an end!! So I say get out there and get some ice cream, go to the beach and squish some sand between your toes!! Have some end of summer picnics and camping trips, get in those adventures while you can and especially while it is still sunny and warm!!
So I don’t know if you even noticed but I changed the name of this blog segment to “Weekend Catch-up”- “Weekly Round-Up” just wasn’t doing it for me anymore. If I’m honest it never was, but I knew I wanted to have a weekly post where I can share all my favorite things both photography related and non-photography related. I wanted to share a bit more of my life with you all. I also wanted to give myself some structure and try and give myself a schedule for writing posts. I’m still ironing out the kinks of becoming more of a regular blogger, and trying to work out the best way to get ahead during my crazy schedule, so it is a work in progress. But I hope you’ll continue to come along for the journey and we can continue to get to know each other as we go :). So to wrap it up I’ve put together some of my favorite finds and discoveries from this week, so sit back, grab a coffee and enjoy!
Favorite Tunes of the Week:
1. Zack Buchanan – “Little River” is so beautiful and lovely I could listen to it on repeat for hours…in fact I have been! If you haven’t heard of Zack he’s a singer/song writer based in Melbourne (we all know how I feel about Melbourne – LOVE IT!) and so instantly I took a liking to him. He’s super talented and has an awesome new EP out that I’m in love with! Soft and soulful – perfect to play while enjoying a lovely summer day at the beach, or at work, or anywhere! Oh and serious props to rbieze for sharing this great music suggestion!
Here’s his EP available for purchase on Bandcamp click the link and give it a listen and BUY it!
2. Travis – “Where You Stand” is one of my favorite Travis songs! So digging this track right now and it is getting serious play time in my music rotation! Give it a listen and if you like it buy it!
3. Lowing – “I will wait for you” is an awesome song! It is so fun – there is whistling – and it’s soft and soulful and yet happy too. I love it! Serious talent in Lowing so check him out!!
Favorite Blogs and New Discoveries:
1. Kittenhood – I just really love this blog. It is fun and quirky and also a great place to find some fashion and DIY tips. I also love the layout as well! Go visit this blog and send it some love!
3. Snapshooter – Love this blog! Great photography and always inspires me!! Check ’em out and send them some love!!
That’s so Pinteresting! Top 5 Picks from Pinterest:
I do not own any rights to these images; all images have links to their original source (just click on the image)
1. Great tip adding yoga to your running routine! So going to do this once my foot heals!
2. This is what I’m having for lunch today!! It’s a rainy-grey grilled cheese kinda day!
3. Love this quote and this photo! So true – you never know until you go!
4. The Perfect nail color for FALL!! Totally adding this to my next shopping trip!
5. Perfect thing to pamper yourself with!
Some Great Reads & Photography Tips/Articles:
1. Great read on all the Non-Blogging things we learn from reading blogs!
2. Ever wanted to photograph the night sky? Well 500px has a pretty sweet tutorial on how to go about doing this! Definitely going to have to put some of this knowledge to good use soon!!
3. INK361 pretty much is always full of awesomesauce! This tutorial on Advanced Composition was excellent.
This Week’s Posts:
This Weeks High/Low:
This week’s high point would be doing well on my photography assignment in Practical Lighting. I felt really worried about it and lacked confidence in my abilities and during our critique I got really positive feedback from my teacher. I felt like I was starting to move forward and that maybe I can do this – up until now it’s pretty much been just a hobby, just a fantasy, but now who knows what the future has in store for me! Don’t worry, I won’t let my head swell too much, I’m much too self deprecating for that!
The low point of this week would have to be getting behind at work and disappointing my boss. As I’ve shared before I am an emotional person, this is just the way I am and always have been. I’m not unprofessional, BUT just because I’m emotional does NOT mean that I am incapable of taking criticism or can’t handle my job. It just means that I care and don’t hide it behind a mask, it’s all out there for everyone to see. I hate it, but that’s the way it is and I have to learn to work with what I’ve got. Another low point is that I am not only behind at work but in my running goals – AND I’ve injured my foot during my training this week :(. It really has NOT been my week, but it’s over now and I can only look forward and hope that next week will get better. Plus it was not ALL bad, just mostly, and that’s something to be thankful for right?
1. The Landfill Harmonic Orchestra – Watch this video of some amazing kids and their teacher who turn trash into musical instruments and in the process change a lot more than trash! I love what their teacher says about what their music does: “People realize that we shouldn’t throw away trash carelessly. Well we shouldn’t throw away people either.”
2. Just for a good laugh click on the link – It’s Funny because it’s TRUE – 25 Things that were totally NORMAL in 1999
3. I’ve gotten to know my awesome partner Amy via The Snail Mail Collective and I’ve sent off my fun present to her! So excited for her to get it in the mail!! Stay tuned for a post on the whole Snail Mail Collective experience and why getting to know my partner Amy was one of the coolest experiences ever!
Have a lovely Weekend!!