Yeah it is finally FRIDAY!! Happy Weekend to you all! I hope you have had a great week and have some fun and relaxation planned for the weekend :). This week has been crazy busy, and while it was technically a short work week for us Vancouverites having Monday off, it felt really long! Anyone else feel that way? I think that long weekends are both brilliant and a pain because we get much needed rest and time off, but its too short – you get into vacation mode a bit and then trying to get back into work mode is just painful! I don’t mean to winge about holidays, I’m just really glad that it is Friday! Not only was work a bit intense this week, but I also began my new photography class – Practical Lighting which is two nights a week. It is going to be quite the challenge, but already I’ve learned tons and it’s only been 2 days. There is so much involved in creating and lighting an image that I had no idea about! It is complex and beautiful and hard. But I digress, I will share more of my struggles and triumphs in that class with you later, for now on to the Round-Up!
So here are a few of my favorite things this week! Enjoy 🙂
Favorite Blogs and Newly Discovered Blogs:
1. Treasure Tromp – Nicole is hilarious and honest and I just love reading her blog! She is working on her PhD and is a U.S. expat moved to South Africa – brilliant and an adventurer! Check out her blog and send her some love 🙂
2. This Lovely Little Day – Lena is just lovely and her blog is a great place to visit! She spreads the positivity and loveliness of her life and I recommend checking her space out!
3. Lost in Travels – Chelsea & her husband Jeremy have a great travel blog! They are fun and real and have such awesome adventures! A great place to visit and dream of your next adventure 🙂
Favorite Tunes this Week:
1. Dancing In The Dark (Bruce Springsteen Cover) – Laura Marling & Eddie Berman – All I can say is amazing!! Loving their voices together and honestly can’t get enough of this song!
2. Leeward Side – Josh Pyke – Pretty much in love with this song…
My Top 5 Pinteresting Picks:
I do not own any rights to these images; all images have links to their original source (just click on the image)
Some Great Reads + Photography Tips, Tricks & Contests:
1. August Photo Challenge: Reflections – Rock The Shot is doing a great Photo Challenge that sounds so fun and has great prizes! If you get a chance check it out and give it a go! You never know right?! As I’ve said before I love this site and they always have great tutorials, tips and tricks and CONTESTS!
2. 500px – 7 Ways to Combat Photographer’s Block – 500px is a great site for inspiration and tips, I recently discovered it (I KNOW, a bit late!), and am so glad to have it added to my weekly reading! This article by Nick Sparks is fantastic! He gives great advice and suggestions for trying new ways of shooting. Give it a read!
This Week’s Posts (wouldn’t want you to miss out on anything!):
This week’s HIGH point would be the lovely visit I had with my friend from London! It was so great to see her, it’s been at least 6 years since we last saw each other! It’s amazing how time flies!! I was sad to see her go but know without a doubt that our paths will cross again :).
This week’s LOW point would just be trying to play catch-up after the long weekend. It was just a big-little week and has been just jam packed with work, school and visiting and now I am tired! Yeah for Saturday Sleep-ins!!
1. Starbust’s now come in Minis!! So good!!
2. This Month’s Snail Mail Collective has begun and I am so EXCITED to participate in this amazing venture!! Stay tuned for how it all turns out and what kind of snail mail I’ll send & receive! The theme for August’s Snail Mail Collective is “Under The Sea” – you have to somehow connect the theme with your little gifts and creatively link them to where you live.